thinking troy built think again

jd335

Threads
for all of you looking to buy a mower when they go on sale this fall was @ the repair shop that does lowes warenty work had several troy built horse mowers lot of problems with them most of them around a year old mine is 16 months old replacced belt and starter so far have had several minor problems.:thumbdown:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
That is the way with new things these days.

They aren't made with the mentality of "lets make them last", but rather with the mentality of "lets make them cheap". :frown:

benski

Threads
That is the way with new things these days.

They aren't made with the mentality of "lets make them last", but rather with the mentality of "lets make them cheap". :frown:

For the most part, I agree.:ashamed::frown: People vote with their wallets, and they often don't choose the right candidate.

jd335

Threads
just thought i would give you a up date on the troy built starter bendix quit working went to lowes they looked it up i told them it was still under warenty they told me to bring it in they would send to there repair person witch now is 80 miles away would take a min of 2 weeks to get itback so i ask how much is the bendix it comes in a kit cost $119 so i said no thanks went to the local cub cadet deller witch repairs what they sell got a complete starter for $106 so far i have replace deck belt drive belt and starter and the mower is less than 2 years old lowes no longer carries the troy built horse model i wonder why.:mad:

possum

Threads
If you have a local dealer for CC why did you buy from Lowes? CC has the same tractor for about the same price and would give service for it close by. Another thing i cant figure out is the CC dealer that does service should be covered for all MTD tractor warranty so they should be able to provide warranty service for your tractor. The dealer I purchased a Troybilt from has a large sign that states he is a MTD warranty tech. He provides warranty service for many MTD products bought at Lowes. He is not the only one as another dealer 15 miles away sells Yardman, Yardmachine, and Bolens as well as Husky and Stihl and they do waranty work for MTD products as well.

jd335

Threads
If you have a local dealer for CC why did you buy from Lowes? CC has the same tractor for about the same price and would give service for it close by. Another thing i cant figure out is the CC dealer that does service should be covered for all MTD tractor warranty so they should be able to provide warranty service for your tractor. The dealer I purchased a Troybilt from has a large sign that states he is a MTD warranty tech. He provides warranty service for many MTD products bought at Lowes. He is not the only one as another dealer 15 miles away sells Yardman, Yardmachine, and Bolens as well as Husky and Stihl and they do waranty work for MTD products as well.
i should have expected that question after owning my own business for 17 years. things in virginia are quite different than where you are to start with the cc @ the dealer was $1200 higher than the troy built and no small engine repair shops that sell peticular models or brands will honor the warrentys on anything that they don't sell i could buy a cc @t s witch is 2 blocks from the dealler and they will not honor the warrenty when i got my mower the shop was 40 miles but they went out of business so now lowes is sending everything 80 some miles one way to get repairs some times it sucks being out in the country where there is no population and no competition for business and no one wants to start one because there is just not enough people to support it. but when it comes time to sit out on the deck and have cold drink and enjoy the peace and quite i love it:biggrin:

Sammy the Red

Threads
Anyone buying low end mowers from the big box stores should expect problems, more sooner than later. Yes, once in a blue moon you get a good one, but..............