John Deere Yellow

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have a model 68 for repairs, oil leaks (crank shaft seals) and mower deck. The mower deck had broken brackets and cracked. I have cleaned, rewedded the cracks and brackets. I now have the deck panted in Rust-Oleum rust primer. What could I use for John Deere yellow paint that will go over the Rust-Oleum primer and be close to the rest of the mowers yellow.

Black Bart

Threads
Have a model 68 for repairs, oil leaks (crank shaft seals) and mower deck. The mower deck had broken brackets and cracked. I have cleaned, rewedded the cracks and brackets. I now have the deck panted in Rust-Oleum rust primer. What could I use for John Deere yellow paint that will go over the Rust-Oleum primer and be close to the rest of the mowers yellow.

TSC sells spray cans with JD Yellow will take a couple coats to get good color over that primer

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
TSC paint is good, I have used it.... \If you are worried about the compatibility with the primer, They make a great John Deere Yellow and Green... it is their farm equipment line... Rust-Oleum #249275 Equip TouchUp, Yellow John Deere, 12 oz spray can around $6.... Also have quarts, I have used both spray can and my own sprayer, great coverage... :smile:KennyV

benski

Threads
If you really feel the need to support your local JD dealer, they carry house-branded aerosol and can yellow and green. Mine charges $11.99:eek: for a 16 oz. spray can.:smile:

mullins87

Threads
My local JD dealer has the correct colors for roughly $9/can. Last winter I needed some JD yellow and green, I noticed they have what appears to be "old" and "new" colors. If that Model 68 is as old as I think it is, you'll probably need the "old" yellow.

It may be expensive, but I think it's good paint.

benski

Threads
My local JD dealer has the correct colors for roughly $9/can. Last winter I needed some JD yellow and green, I noticed they have what appears to be "old" and "new" colors. If that Model 68 is as old as I think it is, you'll probably need the "old" yellow.

It may be expensive, but I think it's good paint.

I just bought some Valspar brand John Deere yellow at my John Deere dealer yesterday for $6.49. Apparently they make a line of very close in color tractor paints for all sorts of stuff. As to quality, only time (and abuse:ashamed:) will tell. I used it as a finish coat over primer, two coats of Rustoleum yellow, and a 220 grit scuff coat in between each coat. Also, a layer of Ospho:licking: started the whole process. Gads, I'll be glad when I get rid of this thing.