Material of 1001 uses--electrical wire

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have to sharpen the blades on my tractor several times a mowing season, since the deck weighs almost 400 pounds and is a huge PIB to remove and reinstall, I leave it on most of the year. To sharpen the blades with the deck installed, I drive the front wheels up on ramps. It's still awkward to remove the blade bolts, and there isn't a good way to block the spindles from turning with wood blocks, etc. I use a medium size chain grab hook and a length of 12-2 electrical wire spliced thru the chain hook eye. With the slot of the hook near the end of the blade, I tie wrap the other end of the wire to a solid point on the mower deck (wheels, draft arms, etc) and the wire, once stretched, prevents the blade from turning.

The same wire can be used for so many other purposes, strip off the outer plastic jacket and you have three single wires that are very strong, yet easy to use as a wrap, tie, bungee, etc. I use the stuff to tie a car trunk down, bundle long lengths of lumber, hold tarps on my trailer, hold items from the garage rafters, etc. One time my mower draft arm clevis pin came out a mile from home, I couldn't find the pin so I used a section of the wire to hold the draft arm up until I got home. The bare ground wire works great if you have a hot part like an exhaust pipe to hold for a temporary fix.

Bungee cords, ropes, and plastic wire ties can be handy, but for those who cannot tie knots or find the exact size bungee, or need something stronger than a plastic tie, this wire is great.

AND REALLY CHEAP considering how useful it is. :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are not suggesting that it could replace ....

Duct Tape..... OR ... Baling Wire??? :eek::eek:

your right, it's handy to have around. I use copper myself. No rust and easy to work with...:smile: KennyV

rekees

Threads
Works great for hanging bird houses too.