Used Hustler Fastrak SD 54"

LHPopper

Threads
I am new to this forum and would like to get involved. I am considering a used 2009 Hustler FT SD that only has 36 hours on the clock. I thought that the hours were to low for such a machine after 2 years but after visiting his property and a test drive, I think the hours are about right. He only has about 1/4 to 1/2 acre of grass. He is asking $5250. I have not been able to get a good handle on the value of this unit and was hoping that someone could give me an idea of the value of this unit. It also has the flex forks option.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Black Bart

Threads
I am new to this forum and would like to get involved. I am considering a used 2009 Hustler FT SD that only has 36 hours on the clock. I thought that the hours were to low for such a machine after 2 years but after visiting his property and a test drive, I think the hours are about right. He only has about 1/4 to 1/2 acre of grass. He is asking $5250. I have not been able to get a good handle on the value of this unit and was hoping that someone could give me an idea of the value of this unit. It also has the flex forks option.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Brand new 2011 MSRP is $5899 so even though it may be low hours a dealer would be quick to point out to you it is 2 years old if you wanted to sell it.

I bet with some negotiating you could buy a new one for $5299.00

This spring i bought a new John Deere EZ Trak with 54" deck for WAAAaaaaaaay less than that.

I don't know what book price is on it I can only say I would not pay his price.

Link to new one http://www.countrysidemotors.net/wichita-new-2011-hustler-fastrak-sd-54-vid85066551-50316

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hustler is a great line... You will be hard pressed to find any large price cuts... with flexforks and sales tax you will be close to 6500.... if you could get the used one for near 4500 that should be a great deal....
Myself I like the Diesel Super Z.... :smile:KennyV
BTW.... WELCOME to LMF...

LHPopper

Threads
Hustler is a great line... You will be hard pressed to find any large price cuts... with flexforks and sales tax you will be close to 6500.... if you could get the used one for near 4500 that should be a great deal....
Myself I like the Diesel Super Z.... :smile:KennyV
BTW.... WELCOME to LMF...

Thanks for the info guys. This really helps. I do have some JD green in my shop as I am restoring a 1956 John Deere 60 tractor. I had nnt checked out the JD mowers, but I think I will. I also think that I will make an offer to the seller for $4500 and see if he takes it. He is going through a devorce and must move in with his sister soon. While I was doing my test mow, he spilled the beans to my wife. He really needs the money.

Black Bart

Threads
Thanks for the info guys. This really helps. I do have some JD green in my shop as I am restoring a 1956 John Deere 60 tractor. I had nnt checked out the JD mowers, but I think I will. I also think that I will make an offer to the seller for $4500 and see if he takes it. He is going through a devorce and must move in with his sister soon. While I was doing my test mow, he spilled the beans to my wife. He really needs the money.

Sounds like you may be in the drivers seat unless someone else wants it more than you do.

I looked at a new Super-Z when I was in the market for a new mower this spring.

I liked the way it was built looked really nice but the dealer was really proud of it I bought a new JD for thousands less.

If you can buy that for $4500.00 I would buy it but at $5250 that seems high to me.

LHPopper

Threads
Well I purchaced the Hustler for $4700 with free delivery. I spent last evening changing the oil and doing all the fun things with a new toy. This morn I spent an hour washing and cleaning up the machine to my satisfaction. Could not wait to get to the job of mowing, but it has been raining here in PA for a month and put a damper on mowing today. However, after lunch the sky cleared, the wind came up and things were good enough to test out the new Hustler. I am impressed. It cut my 2hr 15 min job in half. And a lot more fun. I did find that it takes more concentration on a Zturn. No picking your nose, etc.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I love the Flex Forks, what a difference they make!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
$4700 is a great deal... you will love the Hustler and with your hours.. it's like new... :smile:KennyV