Craftsman II no longer moves

rtkiii

Forum Newbie
Threads
Engine starts, Blades move...mower sits :)

I have a Craftsman II that stopped moving all of a sudden. I looked under the tractor and see the drive belt(looked that up in manual) has come loose from the back pulley(if that is what it is called. In theory all I should have to do is loosen the pulleys to get the belt back on and then move the pulleys back and tighten, right? Do I need ramps for this or can I do it without them?

Or is there something more? Any help would be great...
Thanks,
Rich

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Post something in the Craftsman forum. You should get better results there.
Do you have any ideas on why the belt left the drive pulley if so post them too.

Threads
In theory yes, all you should have to do is put it back on. But more than likely it came off because it is stretched, and will come off again. It may be time for a new belt. I would put it back on and try it, and if it comes right back off I would start looking to replace it.

rtkiii

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it needs replaced it isn't that much more work is it? Would it be better just to get the new belt to start with? And thanks for the answers! I did not expect this quick of a turn around :)

Can anyone help with a leaking CH power washer? LOL

benski

Threads
If it needs replaced it isn't that much more work is it? Would it be better just to get the new belt to start with? And thanks for the answers! I did not expect this quick of a turn around :)

Can anyone help with a leaking CH power washer? LOL
Can't help with the pressure washer much. There should be a diagram of how the belt routes, either on the mower deck, or somewhere on the mower. I'd suggest finding it, and make sure you understand it before removing your existing belt. Failing that, make a diagram of your own. While you've got the old belt out, inspect all of your pulleys, sheaves, and idlers for proper function and condition. A bent, pinched or spread pulley can make your belt and mower shake like a wet dog.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Lift up the seat . Remove the battery . Remove the plastic battery box . Put the belt back on . There is one bolt to loosen on the rod guide for the belt right by the main rear axle pulley .
I have a craftsman that would throw the belt when I hit ruts in the yard .
Just double checked all the belt guides - one could of moved or dropped off .

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
id be more concerned about why it came off....you dont want to repeat it