EZ, Cheapo shop vac hose repair

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have one of the shop vacuum hoses that are 2 1/2 inch size, odds are, you will break the plastic end on the so called "crushproof" hose. No, you cannot buy just that part, they want to sell you a new hose instead.

So, next time your better half throws an empty plastic bottle from the laundry into the recycle bin, grab the cap, and cut the top off. Odds are, it will be a press fit into both hose end and vacuum port.

No, it won't swivel worth a darn, and no, it ain't color matched either. But this solution is cheap, fast, and works great for me.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 16

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's another good idea, JD. And just a couple days after your "cake pan stack" tip for painting. Maybe you could start a website with all these clever tricks. :cool:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's another good idea, JD. And just a couple days after your "cake pan stack" tip for painting. Maybe you could start a website with all these clever tricks. :cool:

Thanks, but just remember...a good photographer never lets people see his bad pictures, so they think he is the greatest ever.

Now, about me...who used to be that kind of photographer....do you think I would show people my useless tips, and stupid ideas that didn't work.....:laughing::laughing:

Good ideas are a dime a dozen, good ideas that are useful are worth sharing.

I could show you guys my home made drywall lift that I made out of parts lying around, that uses a car bumper jack for lifting purposes, it cost almost nothing and breaks down onto parts that will fit in a car trunk, BUT: You would laugh your a--- off at it.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, but just remember...a good photographer never lets people see his bad pictures, so they think he is the greatest ever.

Now, about me...who used to be that kind of photographer....do you think I would show people my useless tips, and stupid ideas that didn't work.....:laughing::laughing:

Good ideas are a dime a dozen, good ideas that are useful are worth sharing.

I could show you guys my home made drywall lift that I made out of parts lying around, that uses a car bumper jack for lifting purposes, it cost almost nothing and breaks down onto parts that will fit in a car trunk, BUT: You would laugh your a--- off at it.

You would have to pick the ones that prove useful.

It was just a thought -- there are lots of websites that offer DIY advice and some actually make money. :biggrin:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Good idea!

I'm going to buy a Numatic Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner soon, and I'm pretty sure they have the same type of connector, so if it snaps off, I'll know how to replace it :thumbsup: