Front Mount ZTR recomendations???

Dan Dodge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently my old John Deere garden tractor died. They are telling me $2900 for a short block, plus labor...I'm looking at $3500 to get it back up and running. In the mean time, they gave me a JD 757 to use. Wow...this thing mows circles around my old mower. But it doesn't handle the hills very well at all. All of this got me thinking....a front mount should be more stable, and have better traction. I don't haul it anywhere, so the size is not a concern. So...this being said, I could sure use some advice on front mount commercial mowers. Who makes good ones. Grasshopper is the only one that I'm really familiar with. Woods and Walker are both at my local county fair, this week.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
ouch....thats some major JD burn!:laughing:....i dont know much about ztr JD's...but...can you tell us what the size and type of lawn your dealing with?.....there might be better options:thumbsup:

Sammy the Red

Threads
The JD 757 is a good mower. A front mount will climb a hill in reverse better than forward.

Grasshopper owns the out front mower market.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i hear good things about Walkers....but they are expensive....sometimes you can find a deal on a used one