ranch king deck help needed

ccarpen4753

Threads
I have an early 90s ranch king, made by mtd, rider and cant get the deck to adjust right. I have been looking over the manuals and it appears that there are two stabilizer bars that are attached to the frame up by the motor and hook into the bars holding the deck on. My mower doesnt have these so I am wondering if the came standard and I am missing them. If i am can ne body give me some dimensions so i can just make them i.e. length. The part is #6 in the drawing. PN#711-0790A

Attachments

• Untitled 1.doc
    187 KB · Views: 8

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
make sure you adjust on level concrete ground.....what way are you wanting it to go?

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
you say your missing the #5's ?

ccarpen4753

Threads
you say your missing the #5's ?

no im missing the #6's. The horiziontal rods. When i raise and lower the deck it wants to move unevenly and run into the rear wheels on the discharge side and when i pull it up it wants to hit the pulley on the motor. I am basically looking for anybody that may have some laying around or some dimensions to I can fab my own. Also i need to know if they run over or under the belt. I am assuming over, but want to make sure.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
is this a project?...or does it look like someone never put the parts back on?....i dont have dimensions....hopefully someone else here does...or get from a junkyard?

ccarpen4753

Threads
Kinda I got it from a relative and it has been sitting for a couple of years. Right now I have it running good and everything working except for the deck. It didnt have the bars when I got it. I just hate to drop 30+$ on two bars. Im cheap I know. I cant put too much money into it because Im trying to get it goin for my brother in law.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
thers a JD forum here.....youll need to give all the info....model/serial /year/deck size etc...

ccarpen4753

Threads
Its not a john deere mower though. Im still diggin, but thanks for the help

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Drop the deck to a height you use the most when cutting . Like 4 or 5 ?
I used my iPhone bubble level app .
The two front rods for the deck .
Back off the rear nuts a few turns after putting your level on the deck . Now adjust the two outer bolts until the bubble is level . Tighten all four bolts .
The rear hanger is designed really to support the deck .
Don't forget to check for " level" from left to right and front to rear .
My MDT used to go out of adjustment Alot rubbing against tree trunks etc .
Very easy thing to do . Just need two wrenches and a level or two .