LA105 Starting and Running Problem

wvslatepicker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, Have had this LA105 for about 3 years or so now. I purchased it new. I have never had a problem with it running before today.

I was mowing out back when it all of a sudden quit running. When I disengaged the blade, I could re-start and it would run until I re-engaged the blade. Same result, it died. I started again and drove it about 150 yards. with out engaging the blades without any incidence of dying.

It has plenty of fuel and I took off the fuel cap to make sure it was not plugged. I parked it for a few hours and went out to try again, but this time it would not start -- it would not even fire.

I understand that there is a kill switch of sorts in the brake and under the seat. I do not have a manual, so not sure how these work. That is, do those switches close the circuit when in run or ground the circuit and remove the ground when in run? Can I just disconnect or do I need to jumper across them to test?

I did not have much time today to troubleshoot. I will try putting gas in the carb tomorrow to see if it will run otherwise.

Thanks.

mac

Threads
It could very well be your battery.