troy bilt bronco

xs650

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello all new to site did some looking around and did not find what I was looking for so here is my question. can I and how do I get my 2010 troy bilt bronco with the 20 horse koler motor to cut in reverse? is it simple to do like just cutting a safety wire if so which one and where is it cause it drives me nuts. thanks for your help. Russ

panabiker

Threads
Not sure about 2010 but on my 2005 Bronco, you simply turn the ignition switch to the middle "REVERSE" position while the engine is running and press the orange button. The red LED will lit indicating that it can cut in reverse. No need to modify anything or cutting a wire.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
yes..mine is the same...turn key to reverse then press orange triangle....is yours like this?

xs650

Forum Newbie
Threads
nope no reverse on the key switch and no orange triangle. I remember reading some where there was a yellow wire that had to be cut in order to get the newer ones to cut in reverse, just hoping someone out there knows

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i had another MTD [ yard machines]....and it had a kill switch too.....look down behind the left wheel and look for a single yellow wire going to the frame....pull it off and tape the end.....it should be your fix:thumbsup:

possum

Threads
Mine has a single wire that has been unplugged and is tied up to the other wires. Came that way from the dealer.