John Deer LA105 BRAKES

Jim104

Threads
My Mower is 3 years with about 150 hours. My foot brake will not stop the mower.
I adjusted the rod with the spring with no change in results.
Is there another adjustment or do I take to the Dealer?

webuyanymower.com

Threads
I would take it to the dealer it not worth messing with the brakes if your not sure.

Jim104

Threads
I would take it to the dealer it not worth messing with the brakes if your not sure.

Thanks, I did take to the Dealer. However, while there I picked up a Service Note on the transaxle and now have all the data I need to do it again if needed. I am an FAA licensed Aircraft and Powerplant Mechanic. I figure I can tear into a lawn mower now that I have the tech data.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
depends on the brake set up....some are in the tranny ...others are adjustable from outside...can you take pictures or give us the model/serial numbers?

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
I'm not familiar with your model . My craftsman require the rear axle to come to replace the brakes and the axle to be completely open - not worth the time . Clutch pulleys slows the machine enough to be safe. My simplicity's have curved straps that go around the rear axles which are the best . Google your rear axle or look at parts tree site- great photo of machines & parts .

JDsucks

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Mower is 3 years with about 150 hours. My foot brake will not stop the mower.
I adjusted the rod with the spring with no change in results.
Is there another adjustment or do I take to the Dealer?

I am having the same issue can you tell me how to fix it?