42 inch craftsman deck problem

maurice

Forum Newbie
Threads
This might be a crazy question but,i am getting a high spot in the middle of every cut,after looking under the deck,i turned the blades end to end to each other,one is higher than the other,not sure if its sopposed to be.I changed both blades,one is still higher,is this right,thank you.

taxidermist

Threads
This might be a crazy question but,i am getting a high spot in the middle of every cut,after looking under the deck,i turned the blades end to end to each other,one is higher than the other,not sure if its sopposed to be.I changed both blades,one is still higher,is this right,thank you.

check the bolts that hold the spindle onto the deck.

Rob

maurice

Forum Newbie
Threads
i checked them,i ordered 2 new spindle assemblies,one has a noisy bearing,would you agree the blades should be the same height,thank you.

webuyanymower.com

Threads
Hi Yes the blades should be the same height if they are not you will get an uncut bit in the middle. Sounds like you have solved the problem.:thumbsup:

maurice

Forum Newbie
Threads
thank you for your input,should have parts this week,thank you.

benski

Threads
It's not too unusual to have that problem crop up if your deck has been worked on before.:frown: Sometimes techs will get in a hurry and not check their work, but it will look right from above as far as pulley height, etc.:wink: