ranch king wont crack with key

ccarpen4753

Threads
I have an early 90's ranch king mower with a 12hp briggs motor. I cant figure out the wiring to get it to start with the key. I can bypass the solenoid(screwdriver across the posts) an get the motor to crank. I replaced the solenoid and the ignition switch, still wont engage starter. The new switch is a 6 pole, old one is a 5 dont know if this makes a difference or not. Traced all the wiring so frays or shorts. Oh i bypassed a small circuit breaker. I just dont have any ideas

noma

Threads
Hi Ccerpen 4753

The different switch might have something to do with safely switchs that is not connected . Back track your seat and clutch pedal blade safely switches and there may be more of them. That might be why there is 5 and 6 poles. Welcome to LMF :licking::rolleyes::cool:

webuyanymower.com

Threads
You do need to use the 5 pole switch they look the same externally but the internal contacts are different

ccarpen4753

Threads
Re: ranch king wont crank with key

ok i have the five pole and still nothing. checked all the safety switches. i dont know if they are working or not, but they are hooked up. I just need this thing to start how do i bypass all the safety crap. I tried to cut the wires and connect them together with no luck. I am thinking of just putting a push button on the solenoid, but im not sure if it will charge the battery(I am thinking it wont).

ccarpen4753

Threads
Well I figured it out the wire that supplies power to the switch was on the wrong side of the solenoid (DOH!!!!). It was like that when I got it and like it didnt dawn on me till I was checking where the voltage was goin and ding light bulb no power to switch. Argh well thanks for the help guys, appreciate it. And lesson learned.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just don't see where their is any room on the LMF for ToineeUtept, They are a bunch disgusting pigs. :frown: