Spark Plugs?

Threads

benski

Threads
Interesting. It wouldn't have occurred to me.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
non resistor plugs usually have resistors in the wire...you dont want to double that up.......if you can get a different wire....im sure you can run the other style

Threads
Do not use a "regular" resistor type plug on a motor with this type of Capacitive Discharge Ignition as this will cause misfire and poor performance. Rather, make sure to use a plug with an inductive type resistor such as a Champion Q-type. Use of non-inductive resistor type plugs on these motors can create an open circuit within the spark plug (it will become a dead plug). This is the part i was concerned with, and there was something about elecronic noise interference. I didnt know mowers had sensitive electronics on them unless it would be the hour meters, etc stuff like that.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
what kind of mower and engine is all this coming from?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The QC12YC questions came up at one of my engine update classes a few years back and was told the the RC12YC was an acceptable substitute for the QC12YC since it was not available as an aftermarket replacement at the time.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
I know this is old but can someone clarify what the plug differences are? I just picked up a Toro Timecutter Z4220 with the Kohler SV610-0211 and it has the QC12YC. repairclinic.com says to use XC12YC. I have bunch of RC12YC's. I'm confused. Can someone tell me if I can use the RC?