Coleman Maxa 5000 ER Plus

kermit911

Threads
I just used my generator at it worked great thanks to benski. I was interested if I could put a better muffler on the generator? This generator is so loud it's almost not worth running. :confused2: Any ideas, or at least where I might be able to pick up a replacement muffler for the one that's on it now?

Thanks
Dave

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just used my generator at it worked great thanks to benski. I was interested if I could put a better muffler on the generator? This generator is so loud it's almost not worth running. :confused2: Any ideas, or at least where I might be able to pick up a replacement muffler for the one that's on it now?

Thanks
Dave

Have the same genset (10 hp Tecumseh, right?) and mine isn't all that loud to me. Not sure if the muffler is a bolt on or screw in mounting type, but being a Tecumseh, you should be able to find a bigger muffler easily. The baffles inside yours may have rusted through.

kermit911

Threads
Yup, it is a 10 hp Tecumseh. Any idea where I might find a new or bigger muffler? Anything would help at this point. It might be quieter if I take the muffler off! :biggrin:

kermit911

Threads
Oh I found this online. VERY HELPFUL!! Since you have a Tecumseh and anyone else this might benefit.

Dave

Attachments

• tecumseh-L-head-w-sears-cross-reference.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 6