New old Lawnboy

possum

Threads
Picked up a lawnboy at a yard sale for 30 bucks. My wife paid for it as I had no cash on me. So I guess my wife bought me a new mower. Has a Lawnboy sticker on the front. Power 21 sticker on the side. Plate has numbers 7268 and 9632709. Has three original I think wheels, smooth with heavy rubber. One looks to be a replacement on the front, usual treaded cheap replacement wheel. Wheels all wobble some and make the usual racket. Real light, as easy to push as my old Toro is to run self propel. The little plastic switch is broken on the top but can still turn it by hand. Primer bulb looks to be on its last legs but works. Mower has sat out in the sun quite a bit. Most of the paint is still on it. Deck is some kind of alloy. Blade is good but needs some sharpening. Mower runs like a dream. So, that is my new 30 buck toy. And yep, its a two stroke.

Fireman 123

Threads
Awesome! That's bought well worth the money. To look up specs and parts, visit lawnboy.com. Enter model & serial #'s. This will also tell you what year your mower was made. Enjoy it.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
A good-running 7268 for $30 -- you got a great deal.

The wheel bearings need to be greased (and, hopefully, cleaned :wink: ) periodically. It seems like most people neglect that. The wobble will get worse if you don't keep them greased.

You can get a replacement for the primer bulb. Once that part goes the mower gets very hard to start. :mur:

earthworm

Threads
Were you able to remove the old blade ??
This is what I am trying to do right now , on the 7229 LB.
I need to use a pipe wrench on the shaft, but only one-tenth of an inch is exposed !
The plastic failsafe locking plug is still in the nut ! A 20 year old mower and the blade has never been off ????????