vintage commercial bricktop

Fireman 123

Threads
Someone must really liking it by looking at the bids, plus the cost to ship. I like my Lawn Boy mowers like none other, but I'd rather find them in a state of repair. Much cheaper, and I enjoy the challenge of getting them up and running again.
Then again, maybe there's something to the green on orange paint scheme that draws collectors. My rule of thumb is don't buy anything you can't make a profit on if needed. :)

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Someone must really liking it by looking at the bids, plus the cost to ship. I like my Lawn Boy mowers like none other, but I'd rather find them in a state of repair. Much cheaper, and I enjoy the challenge of getting them up and running again.

I'm right with you on that. It's interesting to watch these mowers get bid up -- and I will watch this one -- but I wouldn't pay that.

I do like having four large wheels instead of having the two small ones on the front which you always have with a staggered deck.

Fireman 123

Threads
I wouldn't, and couldn't pay that for a lawn mower just to pull out of the garage and gaze over / dust off every once in a while. But don't think I wouldn't sell them all day if folks out there are willing to pay that kind of price. Lol. I actually might feel a little guilty doing that. Maybe.

Fireman 123

Threads
Yes, I can see that going for several hundred dollars. Looks like a very nice restoration. I would be cautious spending that kind of money on something I couldn't look at in person.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Guys, you think $177 is crazy on that commercial unit? See the link below. I gotta believe this unit is going to go for $1200-1500. Whaddaya think??

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Thanks for posting that link. I can see how something rare (and restored -- with many hours of labor) would go for a few hundred dollars. Personally, I enjoy finding them and fixing them up -- that's my favorite part.

I agree with Fireman about problems resulting from not being able to inspect the item if you're buying on eBay. I'd add that when shipping (for any large item) is so expensive, there's another layer of complication if something is misrepresented in the eBay ad.

pugsly69

Threads
That commercial unit that started this thread was from their "Scamp" line. My first LB was a residential Scamp. I Loved that thing! The four corner wheel configuration I love for general purpose use and on the sides of hills. Shoot, I still have it...can't seem to part with it...lol.:laughing:

gary lee

Threads
I have one I pulled out of the junkyard and they built like a tank. Mine is missing wheels and handles the gas tank torn up. Whole thing painted dark green.