Briggs And Stratton Snapper riding lawn mower runs but dies after 5 sec

dssdj2009

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Briggs And Stratton Snapper riding lawn mower runs but dies after 5 sec
Hey guys i got a Briggs snapper self propelled lawn mower. The lawn mower starts but dies after few sec. I took apart the carb and cleaned it changed the gasket between the carb and air filter box still nothing. What can be causing it to run rough yesterday it ran fine and today it wont kinda odd. Also i notice that when i primer it i can hear air and no gas going in, i took everything apart nothing is cracked worn nothing. Any advice would be great.

Model: 12H802
Type: 1531-21
Code: 97020556

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
The primer bubble lost it sell and is sucking air .

jeff

Threads
Two problems here.
1- Replace the primer bulb.
2- Remove the bolt from the float bowl, and insure that all of the holes in the threads are clear by using a piece of soft wire to poke them out, especially the very small hole near the top of the threads. When you put it all back together, make sure that the primer circuit in the air cleaner base is free of any obstruction and always use a new gasket when mounting the air cleaner.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
you need to go over the basics....first is to totally clean the outside before you take it off ...so no dirt gets in...rebuild kits are cheap..get one!...make sure the needle moves freely in the bore....use compressed air and carb cleaner to make sure every passage is clear....does this one have adjustment screws?

dssdj2009

Forum Newbie
Threads
you need to go over the basics....first is to totally clean the outside before you take it off ...so no dirt gets in...rebuild kits are cheap..get one!...make sure the needle moves freely in the bore....use compressed air and carb cleaner to make sure every passage is clear....does this one have adjustment screws?

no this one is the auto choke kinds

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
to get the seat out....i use a big paper clip and file it sharp on the end and then bend it slightly... it may crumble if old...buy at least 3 cans of carb cleaner:thumbsup:

dssdj2009

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got her running today, the shaft choke was bent and wasnt turning the valve throttle still cleaned everything made it look like new.

benski

Threads
Great! A sharp pair of eyeballs is a must for doing this kind of work.:biggrin: Unfortunately, I'm often peering into these things with a set of 1.5X reading glasses perched on my nose.:rolleyes: