JD F1145 No PTO

HAP

Forum Newbie
Threads
Been having diffulties figuring out what is wrong on my JD F1145. I was mowing the yesterday and the PTO stopped turning. Last week I replaced the gearbox, pto switch 1 year ago and it has been working fine up until yesterday. I've checked everything but all the electrical systems. Any advice on where to start?

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Start at the PTO clutch... is it engaging? ...:smile:KennyV

HAP

Forum Newbie
Threads
That was the first thing I checked out, they turn a little but they appear to be fine. One thing I forgot to mention is that when it stopped working I pulled the switch a few times and on the fourth time it made a couple turns, not enough to get to full speed and then stopped. Last time I could get the PTO to work. So far everything is checking out except that the tractor starts if the parking brake is on or not. I know the PTO won't turn if the parking break is on. The schematics I got from the dealership are junk and don't show the relationship between the curcuits. Trying to figure out if that is the problem or not right now. Also there is a red and green light on the board. Do you know what they are for?

HAP

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tested down to the solenoid. Got it tested at the dealership and it was bad. Replaced it and the pto still won't engage. All the electrical components check out and it still won't engage. Any advice on where to go from here?