Hello to all: Craftsman 42" Lawn Tractor (starter) didn't pull the flywheel !

bmcauliffejr

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hello to all: Craftsman 42" Lawn Tractor (starter) didn't pull the flywheel !
Thanks to my search of this site; I was able to remove my starter (19.5 hp. Briggs) without pulling the flywheel. If it hadn't been for the advice on how to get the back bolt off of the starter, I would have had a real mess on my hands. THANKS
Someday I hope to return the favor.
Bob McAuliffe

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Hello to all: Craftsman 42" Lawn Tractor (starter) didn't pull the flywheel !
Re: Hello to all: Craftsman 42" Lawn Tractor (starter) didn't pull the flywheel !

Welcome and thanks for sharing. We love success stories!

By the way, I moved this thread to the Craftsman Forum. :wink:

benski

Threads
Re: Hello to all: Craftsman 42" Lawn Tractor (starter) didn't pull the flywheel !

That's great!:biggrin:

carlb43

Threads

Bob

I am trying to remove the starter from my Briggs&Stratton 20hp Intek V-Twin. I just asked this question before I saw your message. How did you get it off? I need to have it tested.

Thanks

bmcauliffejr

Forum Newbie
Threads

Bob

I am trying to remove the starter from my Briggs&Stratton 20hp Intek V-Twin. I just asked this question before I saw your message. How did you get it off? I need to have it tested.

Thanks
Hello carlb43: good to hear from you. I will get some notes together and a pic if I can find them. As I'm not familiar with this sites conversational formats it might be a good idea if you used my email (bmcauliffejr@yahoo.com).
Just in case we loose touch; as I recall there are two bolts on the top of the starter. One is covered and difficult to get to. I found that a long box wrench (? 1/2) could be inserted under the covering. When you go in this way, you have enough swing to break the bold and move it out in small increments.
There is "just enough" clearance to back the bolt out and miss the overhang.
Hope this helps Carl B/ Bob

carlb43

Threads

Hello carlb43: good to hear from you. I will get some notes together and a pic if I can find them. As I'm not familiar with this sites conversational formats it might be a good idea if you used my email (bmcauliffejr@yahoo.com).
Just in case we loose touch; as I recall there are two bolts on the top of the starter. One is covered and difficult to get to. I found that a long box wrench (? 1/2) could be inserted under the covering. When you go in this way, you have enough swing to break the bold and move it out in small increments.
There is "just enough" clearance to back the bolt out and miss the overhang.
Hope this helps Carl B/ Bob

Well I got it off using your method to pull back the housing. Test was not good. Got a new one and I am back in business. Starts fine. Thanks.