Height adjustment diagram

badams007

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know of a diagram showing a generic layout of the height adjustment mechanisms ?

My deck has dropped all the way down and I can't seem to see anything broken. The spring moves when I raise/lower the adjustment handle, but nothing forward of that is moving.

Advice ? Is this something I'm going to have to get a pro to do ?? (The wait time for this kind of work around here is easily a year or more)

noma

Threads
Hi Badams007

Need to know a little more information about your mower Brand ,Make and model and any other information about it would be wonderful? Do you have a book with it or any thing?To hard to tell you from what little information you gave us to work with. But with more information we are willing to help all we can. Welcome aboard

badams007

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK - It's a Lawn General - but does not have any model # - I looked all over the outside, inside the hood and under the seat. Here's what it does say - Tecumseh Enduro engine 17 Hp overhead valves, 3 way cutting deck 42" swath.

I know that's not much, but that's all there is and its a cheapo Wally World tractor after all

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your mower was made by MTD go to a site like this...
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/mtd_misc.cfm
and look through the deck hanger parts, to locate what you may need, they also have manuals for the various models.
If all else fails go back to WalMart and look under the mower and above the deck to see what is not on yours... those mowers are all VERY similar and the design of most of the parts and mechanisms have stayed the same, just the engine cover shape and or color is changed... KennyV