How to Adjust a carburetor

kermit911

Threads
Hello all, I have a Tecumseh 10HP on a generator. It has a brand new carburetor and ran good, but I started playing with the carb and now it will not start. Any basic instruction on how to adjust a carb would be great. Thanks all

Dave

benski

Threads
Turn the screws gently up against the seats, back out between 2 and 3 turns. This usually gets you in the ball park.

kermit911

Threads
Sweet, thanks dude. Do I do that to the other one also? I have 3 screws, on the top is the idle speed screw, in the middle is the Idle mix screw, and on the bottom is the Fuel mixture screw.

The top screw is obvious, but the other 2 I will screw in and back out 2 to 3 turns?

Thanks
Dave

kermit911

Threads
Turn the screws gently up against the seats, back out between 2 and 3 turns. This usually gets you in the ball park.

Thank you Thank you!! you helped 3 families with this information. I got the generator running and adjusted it just a little more, now she runs like a champ. Thanks again

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave