Bobcat commercial grade zero turn mower problem.PLEASE HELP.

honestblades

Threads
  • / Bobcat commercial grade zero turn mower problem.PLEASE HELP.
Hey guys, I'm new here. I know this is a long shot,but I'm hoping that someone can help me out. I have a 2007 or 2008 bobcat fastcat 48" mower.

Yesterday when I was cutting my second yard of the day my mower starting making a high pitch whinning noise. I continued to cut the yard until I was finished. On the 3rd yard of the day the noise got even worse so I canceled the rest of my work for the day in fear of making the problem worse. The best way that I can describe the sound is to compare it to the sound of a power steering pump going out in a truck. The noise is constant,regardless if the blades are engaged or not. It even makes the noise when the mower is running on my trailer with the emergency brake on. I checked the resevoir for the transaxle fluid and the fluid is right on the mark. I will say though that my owners manual states to change out the fluid and the filter every 200 hours. I sent the mower to the dealer last summer to have some maintenance performed and I could have sworn that I told them to change all of the fluids and filters. I called them this morning to verify that,and they told me that they never did anything to the transaxle. Based on the noise that I have described,can anyone tell me where to start looking for the problem? If I can't get the mower fixed quickly,I will be losing the majority of my customers. I'm already struggling since the bp oil spill messed up a good bit of my business. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Chev

Threads
A clogged filter could be starving your pump causing cavitation.

You need to address it soon as cavitation will destroy a pump fast.

honestblades

Threads
Since making my post I have discovered a pulley that has a wobble too it,and doesn't seem to be spinning properly. It is a pulley that powers the hydrostatic transmissions. My guess is to start there since a bearing seems to have gone out.

benski

Threads
Yes indeed, a new bearing, pulley and at least a check of the oil level.:wink: