fuel shutoff solenoid

kansas_comet06

Forum Newbie
Threads
lth 130 husqvana..... kohler 12.5 hp there are two wires coming out of the solenoid black to enging and blue to key switch. the blue is gounding out and burning up the wiring harness connector. i unpluged it from the solenoid and the engine will not start which makes sense couse the valve is closed but when i hook it back up it starts and runs fine but the wire gets hotter than heck. could the diode from the alternator be bad?? i have a schmatic. any ideas i would sure appriciate it!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

benski

Threads
I think your solenoid is bad.:frown:

kansas_comet06

Forum Newbie
Threads
but why wont it run with the wire unhooked is my question?????????????

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have to have battery voltage to the solenoid to activate the plunger to open the carb jet to allow fuel to be drawn into the engine.

benski

Threads
To add insult to injury, wait until you see how much they want for a new one.:eek::mad:

kansas_comet06

Forum Newbie
Threads
well i just took out the soenoid and got a fine threaded bolt and put the bowl back on it runs fine while mowing but cuts out while idleing guess ill have to live with that i just put a new pto clutch on it and it cost 150 dollars not going to pay another 100 for the fuel shut off solenoid. oh well :mad: