model 8270 A Lawnboy self propelled adjustment for drive wheels and rear wheel

Gimbal

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / model 8270 A Lawnboy self propelled adjustment for drive wheels and rear wheel
Is there a way to adjust the rear drive wheel on a lawnboy model 8270A self propelled mower? Or do I have to purchase new rear wheels and steel drive wheel? The Steel drive wheels still have some grooves on them but I not sure if they need replacing. Is there a way to measure them to know when they are wore out.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / model 8270 A Lawnboy self propelled adjustment for drive wheels and rear wheel
Hey Gimbal -

There's a Lawn-Boy Forum here at LMF and there are other places on the web where you can check this out -- use a search engine if you don't like the answers here. :wink:

I don't know the answer to your specific question but if I were you I'd just take all that self-propelled stuff off the mower. The mower would be lighter and easier to handle. The only downside is that you would have to push it rather than have it drive itself.

But, by removing the drive mechanism -- making the mower lighter -- you make a mower that's simpler. easier to maintain, and gives you the benefit of more exercise while you mow. :biggrin: I did that with one of my old Lawn-Boys and it's now a really fun mower to use for mowing and fitness.