Engine Sabre won't start

Raymond

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have this Sabre 38 inch deck that lost power while mowing lawn.I started it but engine just stalls.Only time it will start is if i spray carb cleaner but only for a few seconds.. What i did was, change the fuel filter,spark plug,dismantle blow and clean carb,clean air filter (still good),change oil, check fuel line.. (guess, no fuel pump only works with gravity)gas continues to flow. I'm stumped! It takes $40 per cut. Now, battery is almost dead after trying to start it.If i jump start it .. same thing will start only if i put on carb fluid.. help needed before i sent my mower to repair shop.

Jim104

Threads
Sounds like a fuel problem to me. Drain the tank and filter, then fill the tank with non-ethinol gas. Gas with ethinol will seperate and the ethinol goes to the bottom of the tank. Small engines will not run on it. I get my gas for small engines 5 gal at a time from a station that sells non-ethnol gas. Yes, it costs more but is worth it. Good Luck

Raymond

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like a fuel problem to me. Drain the tank and filter, then fill the tank with non-ethinol gas. Gas with ethinol will seperate and the ethinol goes to the bottom of the tank. Small engines will not run on it. I get my gas for small engines 5 gal at a time from a station that sells non-ethnol gas. Yes, it costs more but is worth it. Good Luck

Thanks, it took me a long time to figure out and decided to have a small engine mechanic to check it. It was the valve that needs adjustment. I didn't know about that. Who would know? beside, i don't know what gap or setting was needed. It's working now, cost me $150. Thanks.