Stuck in 3rd gear

khannabass1962

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftsman LT1000 17hp 6 speed lawn mower that is stuck in 3rd gear, I have tightened up the linkage to the transmission, it won't budge, any suggestions would be appreciated

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Craftsman LT1000 17hp 6 speed lawn mower that is stuck in 3rd gear, I have tightened up the linkage to the transmission, it won't budge, any suggestions would be appreciated

Hi to you too! Thanks for the intro. :biggrin:

You CAN post in the Craftsman forum - just a suggestion.

sfestus

Forum Newbie
Threads

I had the same problem with my 6 speed Craftsman I was able to fix it, but it required removing the transaxel, opening up the case, and cleaning the crud that had built up on the sliding shaft that causes the gears to change. To be honest with you this was the first time I ever opened up a trans, but I used a digital camera to take pics of it as I worked on it, because if it doesn't go back exactly the same way as it came apart--it wont work. If you do open it don't worry about the grease...it's supposed to be there, also use gasket sealer on the edges to seal the 2 halfs together....good luck

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile: