Walk behind Problem with height adjustment...wheels rubbing mower deck

Gracecase

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Problem with height adjustment...wheels rubbing mower deck
This morning I could not adjust the height of the blade on my Troy Bilt walk behind mower because the wheels butted up against the mower deck and would not turn. I cannot figure out why I can not adjust the height as normal. It happens when I try to move the adjustment lever toward the front of the mower. Any thoughts on what is happening?

noma

Threads
Hi Gracecase

To move adjustment lever you have to push lever away from slots that hold the lever into the different adjustments spots.Maybe you need to oil or wd-40 the lever where it pivots at, it's rust or stuck and you can't move it very easy. Lube it up good that should help. Welcome to LMF:licking:

Gracecase

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. Thank you, but the lever moves perfectly fine. That is not my problem. Whenever I move the lever toward the front of the mower, the wheels do not adjust properly. Instead of moving up and down (which I presume is how it should work), the wheels move forward and rubs against the deck of the mower. I'm not sure if I'm describing it properly. I have not had any problems adjusting the height up until yesterday. Any thoughts?

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi. Thank you, but the lever moves perfectly fine. That is not my problem. Whenever I move the lever toward the front of the mower, the wheels do not adjust properly. Instead of moving up and down (which I presume is how it should work), the wheels move forward and rubs against the deck of the mower. I'm not sure if I'm describing it properly. I have not had any problems adjusting the height up until yesterday. Any thoughts?

Flip the mower up and see if the the whole assembly isn't loose. I think the nut may have backed off and now everthing is turning.
Post some puctures if you can and I think we can fix this reletively easily

Gracecase

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great! I'll give that a try and get back to you. Thanks for the help.

jhuls

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having the same problem. Troy bilt push mower model 080. Large rear wheel only adjusts to the 3 lowest settings. Wheel rubs against the deck at that point. Have looked for any info that helps. I think it's a design defect. Looking for answers also. Good Luck.