Carb Cleaner

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm sure you will agree the majority of small engine problems come back to the "ole respiratory system".
If your like me, you know that what one aerosal carb cleaner leaves behind another will make dissapear. So I'm interested in knowing which is best. I have a favorite, what is yours?

Last edited:

noma

Threads
Hi Robertbrown

I have had the best luck with sea-foam for what i have used it for.I do have a can of B-12 and i'm going to try that in this one carb when i get a chance,because Kenny said it was so good and i believe him on it so I'm going to give it a try.:licking:

HCBPH

Threads
If I'm tearing the carb down to rebuild, I actually prefer brake cleaner followed by a quick spray of carb cleaner. Brake cleaner takes just about everything off very quickly, but I don't know how it will react with the rubber parts, that's why the rebuild. Not sure if there's any issues with aluminum and brake cleaner, that's why the followup of carb cleaner.

cubby

Threads
I've used a lot of carb sprays and most work very well, the one I like the most is Berkebile 2+2 it has a
pulsating spray thru its wand that dislodges and cleans really good.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
B-12 Chemtool is the best I've found, but since I found that I quit looking.
You know it's good when it feels like acid burning on the back of your hand.

benski

Threads
I like the Chemtool stuff just fine. Another brand I like is Wurth. I've had really good luck with Sea-foam for "driveability" problems on all my mowers.:biggrin:

cubby

Threads
B-12 Chemtool is the best I've found, but since I found that I quit looking.
You know it's good when it feels like acid burning on the back of your hand.

This is kinda the way I know its good too except I usually get it in my eye.:laughing::laughing: