RZT50 uneven cutting problem

Jepritchett

Forum Newbie
Threads
My RZT50 is cutting uneven, it is cutting lower on the left side. We have check the deck and blades and they are both higher on the left side by about 1/2 inch, but that same side is cutting lower. We measured the blades, from the side, and the left is higher. Measured them from the front and back and both measurements are higher on the left. So why is it cutting lower on that side? And how do we fix it? It really makes the yard and field look horrible.

Black Bart

Threads
My RZT50 is cutting uneven, it is cutting lower on the left side. We have check the deck and blades and they are both higher on the left side by about 1/2 inch, but that same side is cutting lower. We measured the blades, from the side, and the left is higher. Measured them from the front and back and both measurements are higher on the left. So why is it cutting lower on that side? And how do we fix it? It really makes the yard and field look horrible.
Did you rotate the blade and check the height of both ends, The blade may be bent.

Jepritchett

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, measured the blades facing front to back and the left was hire than the right on the front and the back. Also measured with the blade facing the side and the left was hire.

LT1045wrh

Threads
Sounds like a bent blade. I had this happen once and scalped one side of the cut-path. Also, you may want to check that your tire pressure is correct for all tires.
Good luck and mow on,
Wendy

Jepritchett

Forum Newbie
Threads
We thought it could be a bent blade. But if you have both right and left blades facing front to back, and measure both blades at the front, the left is higher. If you measure from the back, the left is higher than the right. If the front on the right is 2 1/4, the left is 2 3/4. Measuring at the back, the right would be 2 1/2 and the left would be 3.

Chev

Threads
It sounds like nothing is bent. With a full half inch discrepancy I would check to see if both blades are fully seated on the spindle.

sss

Threads
A bent blade is the most common cause of uneven cutting but a unleval deck is also a cause:smile:

twisterlin

Forum Newbie
Threads

We had the same problem with our Cub Cadet. Well, that was just one of the problems with the Cub Cadet. Let's just say we don't have it anymore because it was costing us a fortune--always in the shop.
We told the people in the repair shop that the mower was cutting lower on the left side (several trips to the shop) but they never repaired the problem you describe...didn't know what caused it so couldn't fix it. All I can say is "Good Luck" to you with your Cub Cadet. Maybe the "Lawnmower Fairies" will help you out.

RGCONSULT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you try measuring the blades with a rider on it?