Repairs Weed Eater One

markjackson32

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a weed eater one about 45 days ago. I have a small one quarter acre yard in Florida. I didn't need anything big because of the size of my yard. This worked well for the fist six lawn mowings. No problems. It wasn't putting the next man on the moon but it did the job and I could mow my lawn without breaking a sweat. I moved the mower yesterday and it is making a noisy rattling sound. there is a vibration somewhere in the rear where the mower engine sits. It still runs but when in drive it clanks and vibrates terribly. It is under warranty but I'm wondering if I made a mistake with this. I see some people are having issues with getting service. I bought it at home depot and can drop it off there but I'm wondering if this is the first of many issues.

Any information is appreciated.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have seen one clutch cable issue and one drive disc issue in my repair center since walmart started selling them 2 years ago. they are a relatively simple machine to do a small yard, Disc repairs could of been a simplier replacement though. I have also seen one pin come out that controls the shift linkage at the drive control. Call the 800 number on the mower and they will direct you to your nearest AYP dealer for repairs.

Walleteater1

Threads
Markjackson32, This may be the problem or not. Does it only do it with the mower engaged? if so and your mechanicaly inclined. With the mower not in use or running of course, lower the deck to the ground. Now take I believe a 10mm socket and remove the plastic cover housing holding over the belt. There is a u shaped piece of metal that is hooked under the bolt on the right side. It is used to keep the belt from vibrating too far into the drive chain. I was using my mower and the vibration kept getting worse and what happens is this u shaped thing gets lose or spins around somehow. You will have to put it back into the plastic gaurd and put silicone or something sticky to help hold it in there when you put the gaurd back on. that silicone will also help it not do it again at least hopefully for awhile. Good luck and I'm sorry you bought this machine they are TOTAL JUNK and be prepared to work on them some how after you use it. Unfortunately you will have nothing but problems. Mine is currently waiting for a new tire that blew out on it's own and mine is only been used about 8-10 times as well. Wally world should be ashamed to sell this garbage machine.

oki

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the Husqvarna Service Bulletin on this item. You are experiencing a breakage in the Friction Disc which is under warranty. The item is on Back-order until 9/11/2011. They will replace the entire Trans Axle free (parts and Labor).

Here is the link:

http://oscar-wilson.com/sk/electrolux/HBUS2010_B201002015.pdf[/URL]