How to replace a mower belt on a craftsman

corbyville

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a craftsman riding lawnmower and the mower belt fell off. I bought a new belt but now cannot seem to find the way to put it back on . The model number of the mover is 944.609422. Please is you can help or have schematics it would be appreciated.
Thanks

rfl

Threads
If you lay on your back and look up under the mower, there should be a diagram of the belt configuration on a sticker on the underside body of the mower. You may need to remove the deck to see the diagram. If it's one of the deck belts that is off than I'm not sure where to get the info. I know on my old tractor (ten years) how it used to go but it would be hard to explain. The drive belt should be on the underside of the mower.

rfl

Threads
Look under the mower and there should be a diagram on the underside body of the tractor. You might have to remove the deck to see it but it should be there. That will be the diagram for the drive belt. The deck belts are a different story but I might be able to help if you still need it. I had an old Craftsman but the belt config. should be about the same.

Adamsrib

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you don't see it under the left footrest or on the deck you can get a correct model number from under the seat and go to managemylife.com and download an owners manual.

noma

Threads
Corbyville

You may have to take some belt guards off to put this belt back on did the old one break?. There should be some kind of guards on there.

benji1880

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Gang -
I have a Craftsman rider 22 hp/Kohler, model 917.273080 & my (ground) drive belt
broke - somewhat shredded actually. Replaced it, worked fine for a few hours
& the new one shredded.
Would you believe that there doesn't appear to be a belt schematic ANYWHERE to
double check the configuration & path of the belt? Nowhere to be found.

I just wanted to double check the layout before I smoked another belt because
the last time I just followed the basic path of the existing belt which was still
somewhat intact. Same thing with this one, but getting the new belt on -
following the old path - just doesn't really seem right (not to mention, for some
reason this time it almost
feels like I'm going to have disassembling pulleys to get the new belt on).
It's almost like one of the major bracketed pulley is bent or angled wrong.

Something is wrong. It has been a great riding mower, but maybe it's time.
Anybody have any idea if a schematic actually exists?
Thanks much

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Go to this site...
917.273080 Craftsman 22 HP 46 in. Mower Garden Tractor

select Manual Location...
Place the Letter - number information in the spot provided .. get the manual ...
You will then have a 64 page manual for your mower ... it shows the primary and secondary belt paths... :smile:KennyV