'07 hood repair jd L111

LandN

Threads
inside of the flip open plastic hood there is 2 plastic mounting studs that the hood support bracket attaches to,which are now broken.the hood now is supported on the left side only,and not the right side.does anyone have an idea on a decent repair instead of getting a new hood.i suppose i can drill through and bolt it together but i'd rather not have an exposed bolt on the outside of the hood,although that may have to be my option.thanks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
An adhesive with a large flat plate giving the needed area to stay fixed may work...
But if you drill through give it plenty of support as you can start cracks from small stress spots... You can get smooth button top fasteners in Brushed Nickel, Chrome or Polished Stainless... So it could end up durable and decorative... :smile:KennyV

LandN

Threads
An adhesive with a large flat plate giving the needed area to stay fixed may work...
But if you drill through give it plenty of support as you can start cracks from small stress spots... You can get smooth button top fasteners in Brushed Nickel, Chrome or Polished Stainless... So it could end up durable and decorative... :smile:KennyV

thanks ken,i'll probably go with the plate/adhesive setup . i just wonder about vibration on the adhesive, but it might not be an issue.what about this one.........(1)screw(2)hood bracket(3)spacer(4)hood stud(which is still intact and in good shape @ 90%) thanks

LandN

Threads

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
A large part of your load will be vibration.... but it should hold up. :smile:KennyV