How about a Black and Decker forum?

Mark Widmer

Threads
It seems to be the most popular make of electric mowers, and I've noticed several other members who list it as their mower brand.

noma

Threads
Hi Mark

And black and Decker electric trimmers need a forum too with the electric mower they could combine one.:laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Mark

And black and Decker electric trimmers need a forum too with the electric mower they could combine one.:laughing:

I know fifty people with gas powered mowers and NONE with an electric. WASTE OF FORUM SPACE IMO. I have complained in the past about having forums here that get practically ZERO threads and nobody pays attention.

Mark Widmer

Threads
I know fifty people with gas powered mowers and NONE with an electric. WASTE OF FORUM SPACE IMO. I have complained in the past about having forums here that get practically ZERO threads and nobody pays attention.
And other people have complained about lawnmower discussions in the New Members forum that belong elsewhere. But that is exactly where people (well, 3 of us, for now anyway) are discussing Black and Decker mowers:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/new-m...lectric-enthusiast-new-forum-2.html#post25182

I'm fine with my welcome thread being the place to discuss Black and Decker mowers, but thought the forum mods might see it otherwise.

p.s., in 1980 I knew 50 people who supported Jimmy Carter and none who supported Ronald Reagan. Just sayin'.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
And other people have complained about lawnmower discussions in the New Members forum that belong elsewhere. But that is exactly where people (well, 3 of us, for now anyway) are discussing Black and Decker mowers:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/new-m...lectric-enthusiast-new-forum-2.html#post25182

I'm fine with my welcome thread being the place to discuss Black and Decker mowers, but thought the forum mods might see it otherwise.

p.s., in 1980 I knew 50 people who supported Jimmy Carter and none who supported Ronald Reagan. Just sayin'.

POLITICS IS FORBIDDEN HERE !!!!!!!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads

However, if there is no forum for them, then they have an excuse to be posting where it ought not go. It doesn't take up much server/bandwidth space to have a topic about it. If you don't want to go there, you don't have to. The "end" button, and "pg up" gets you directly to the member forums anyway. Easy squeezy.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'd rather see a forum that gets very little love, than see the New Members area turn into "General Discussion - The Sequel". IT IS A PLACE TO SAY HI OR MAKE AN INTRO AND THAT'S IT - SAYS SO WHEN YOU REGISTER!!!

However, since there is no real place for electrics, I really have no problem with this particular thread in New Members. Could go in "general" but Mark DID say his "hello" in the hello place. Just becasue it turned into a discussion is actually good. Not like he just asked a question about electrics, and vanished. THAT is what p---es me off about the New Memebers area - not a "hi" turning into a discussion.

I don't get the Carter/Regan reference......:confused:

sss

Threads
I think yes :thumbsup: but perhaps not pacificly for mowers perhaps for all black and decker equiptment i.e multisaws etc

Mark Widmer

Threads
I think yes :thumbsup: but perhaps not pacificly for mowers perhaps for all black and decker equiptment i.e multisaws etc
Yes, if it happens then I imagine it would have same format as the other brand-name forums: to discuss any equipment made by that manufacturer.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Like drills, circular saws, bench grinders, toasters, microwaves and food processors? Some people complain about the Front Porch getting even too off-topic for their tastes.......and think the posts should not even count.

BUT - if we talk B&D toasters in the B&D forum, well - I guess it's all good, eh? At least it's not talking toasters in the FP!!! :rolleyes:

After all - it IS "equipment made by that manufacturer"...........