Need Cordless Electric Self Propelled

Bobbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking for a Cordless Electric Self Propelled Walk Behind. Preferably with a battery OTHER than wet cell lead acid since I am going to use it on a slope and I don't want the acid to pour out of the top.

Thanks,

Bobbo

woodfile

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have Black & Decker SPCM1936 lawn mower with removable battery and this is the best mower i have ever used.The weight of the mower for me makes it perfect because it is easy to use and move around. you can use the self propelled feature when the mower is not on makes putting it away great. The charger to me works great no problems. I give this mower a all around A++++ and will never go back to gas again.

The only dig I have on this unit is that the front wheels are very flimsy and have a tendency of bending if there is any weight put on them. (Black and Decker needs to make them stronger.)

I am looking for a Cordless Electric Self Propelled Walk Behind. Preferably with a battery OTHER than wet cell lead acid since I am going to use it on a slope and I don't want the acid to pour out of the top.

Thanks,

Bobbo

Mark Widmer

Threads

Thanks,

Bobbo
Sealed lead acid seems to be pretty standard with cordless mowers these days, in which case spilling is not an issue.

FYI you can look at SPCM1936 info, including the manual, here:
Black & Decker Tools | 36V 19" Self-Propelled Rechargeable Mower with Removable Battery SPCM1936

And lots of customer reviews here:
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Black & Decker SPCM1936 19-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Self-Propelled Lawn Mower With Removable Battery

Bobbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a couple of days ago I was telling Dear Wife that was probably the mower I would go with. I am glad it is getting good reviews. Now, if I can find one locally so I can actually SEE it.

Mark Widmer

Threads
Now, if I can find one locally so I can actually SEE it.
Did you try Home Depot or Lowe's? Also, there are 2 B&D factory stores in Eastern Tennessee -- in Crossville and Pigeon Forge -- don't know if these are anywhere near you. Scroll down to near bottom of page here for details:

Black & Decker Tools | Retail Locations

Oh, and hopefully you're aware that these mowers are for 1/3 acre or less. If your yard has weird contours then I think 1/3 acre would be doubtful in terms of mowing the entire lawn on a single battery charge. Basically, I get about 45 minutes of mowing per charge on my B&D CMM1000.

Good luck.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nothing wrong with lead acid batteries ... most will not spill a drop even when turned on side...
Battery powered mowers do great, I would not mow my 10 -20 acres with them ... but a reasonably size yard should be no problem with a good battery powered electric mower.... :smile:KennyV

Bobbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have tried the big box stores here. They have the non self-propelled, but not the self-propelled. Unfortunately, the retail locations are 300 to 400 miles away. I am at the other end of a very long state.

Actually, I am just going to mow the very steep banks of 2 ditches. See my other thread:
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower-buying-pricing/4409-new-mower-specific-requirement.html

I didn't know the lead acid batteries were sealed. I will keep an open mind on them.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
We sell Greenworks battery power mower - great feedback on self propel model - strong pull climbs hills drainage ditches well . None have come back for service since cutting season started .
Push model is a little heavy at 57 lbs.
There made by Ferris.

Ifixdit

Threads
I would not recommend the Homelite 24v cordless (model UT13122). I was given 2 of them yesterday and did a bunch of research and found the batteries don't hold up well. I tried charging both using their recommended charger but after 17 hours charging they still won't start. Replacement batteries are too expensive. I haven't tried charging the batteries using my own charger yet. The manufacturer doesn't recommend that but I don't see where I have anything to loose since the mowers were free.

Bobbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you. I don't buy ANYTHING by Homelite. Been there, done that. I have a string trimmer with the Toro name on it that I bought specifically because it was a name brand. After 5 years, it needed some work so I took it to a small engine repair shop. The guy told me it was a re-branded Homelite and wasn't worth fixing. He recommended I buy a new trimmer.

Bobbo