rzt50 2009 problems

lourene

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok this is my first post. We have a rzt50 2009 mower. It stops cutting after a very short time. We are looking for a repair/shop manual and also does this model have relays? I can't find much help on the internet and am waiting to hear from Cub Cadet tech's through there web site. please help we just paid for a new rh hydrogear transmission (not installed yet need manual) and can't keep spending.

OokiiMamoru

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just stops cutting is rather vage....

Dose the mower stop running all together, dose the blades just disengage? I seem to recall having a similar problem with that one, it was an old belt....

Looking forward to more information....

lourene

Forum Newbie
Threads
The mower is running but the blades are not cutting wondering about the clutch and it burned up a pto switch.

LT1045wrh

Threads
Hi,
I had the same sort of problems with my mower, the PTO would work for about 10 minutes then shut off, of course this was my LT1045, but sounds like the same problem. I took it to the shop and they replaced the relay, small square plastic piece right below the ignition wires. Once I got the mower home, the PTO did the same thing, shut down after a few minutes. Don't know why it didn't do this at the shop. Anyway, I ended up replacing the PTO switch and ignition switch, then the problem was gone.
Sorry to hear you are having such problems w/your RZT50, mine seems to be running great! I hope you were able to get the problems fixed under the warranty.
Good luck on your fix,
Wendy