Tire air leak in Murray 30" riding mower

frixmatthew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dont bother with the goo get a can of fix-a-flat at Walmart fill it full and ride around on your mower to coat the inside of the tire and rim with the fix-a-flat.. It doesnt make a big mess like the goo.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Slow leaks can be difficult to locate when in non-suspect locations.

When those small wheels are made in 2 halves and are welded together that is another possibility for a smaller than a pin hole size leak. It happens so infrequently so we often forget about that possibility but it does happen.

And tubes were OK for many many years except when thorns and nails etc. are involved.

This poor old tube is still holding air and seems determined to give the owner all its got to the very end. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Tire model  A 4-22-10.jpg
    Tire model A 4-22-10.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 16

LT1045wrh

Threads
I have installed many tubes on lawn tractor tires, front and back. I don't bother taking the tire off at all. I just remove the valve stem, deflate the tire, push the sidewall to break the bead on the rim. I then remove the valve, usually by breaking it in half, then take the broken half from inside the tire and toss it. I carefully run my fingers all around the inside of the tire, to feel any sharp things that might put a hole in my new tube. I remove the valve stem from the new tube then I carefully install the inner tube. Make sure the valve stem is on the correct side when you install it this way. I have installed a tube backwards and once inflated, the valve moves and disappears to the other side. I had to puncture the tube to make it right. Be careful. Add air and then deflate, then put the valve stem back it and inflate to proper psi. Good luck.
W :biggrin: