John Deere 320 lawn tractor has loss of power

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
IT CANT HURT....I ALWAYS START TROUBLESHOOTING WITH FRESH GAS.....THAT WAY IT WONT BE A FACTOR IN ADJUSTMENTS OR SYMPTOMS..ETC..

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
I REALLY DOUBT IT....I THINK ITS A CARB THING

Black Bart

Threads
I bought the gas at some old country store in the middle of nowhere, i wonder if it could be cheap gas? is it worth it to drain it all out, (full tank) and dispose of it and get new gas from elsewhere?

Drain the tank into a 5 gal. can put in new gas if it runs ok dump the gas, If it don't improve then use the gas rather than waste it.
You only need a gallon of fresh gas to try it bad gas will make it run really poor.

nate81

Threads
Drain the tank into a 5 gal. can put in new gas if it runs ok dump the gas, If it don't improve then use the gas rather than waste it.
You only need a gallon of fresh gas to try it bad gas will make it run really poor.

I will do be doing all of this on friday, one of these solutions is bound to cure my minor problem!

I was also thinking, could spark plug gap be the cause of power loss? I never set the gap, i just opened box and put it right into the machine...

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
THEY'RE USUALLY PRE GAPPED....BUT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE INSTALLLING

Black Bart

Threads
I will do be doing all of this on friday, one of these solutions is bound to cure my minor problem!

I was also thinking, could spark plug gap be the cause of power loss? I never set the gap, i just opened box and put it right into the machine...
The plug gap would not be causing a lose in power if it is not missing it is fuel or weak spark, Plug would have to be wwaaaay off to be your problem.

If this started after you put in the fuel it may be your problem.

When you bought the fuel did you put any of it in your car and if so did it run ok.

nate81

Threads
The plug gap would not be causing a lose in power if it is not missing it is fuel or weak spark, Plug would have to be wwaaaay off to be your problem.

If this started after you put in the fuel it may be your problem.

When you bought the fuel did you put any of it in your car and if so did it run ok.

I had this problem 2-3 weeks ago, and found out it was the plugs, so i put new ones in and it ran great! and then this past weekend when i tried to mow the yard, it was doing it again...I cannot recall if its since i put the gas in or not...but no, i didnt put any of the gas in my car...i only use name brand for my vehicles :D

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
does it run rough when you lose power?.....if so the spark plug thing leads me to plug wires.....and maybe one of your coils..........next time you lose power....i would [ with a glove] pull a wire loose while running and then the other one and see if it makes a difference...its a cost free test:biggrin: