Snow blade

Dadillac

Threads
Hey folks just joined today. Got delivery of my new riding mower this afternoon. Bought a Craftsman 27333 46" deck 20hp twin engine. Love it so far. I will be using this mower for snow removal in the winter. Craftsman shows using blade kit 24441 for this machine. I have a question. Do I have to use that blade or will any universal blade also work? Are all riding mowers pretty similar that the mounting hardware is not specific to brands and models? Thanks in advance

Don

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Craftsman does not make a riding mower or anything for that matter. They have products with their names on it only. So Craftsman has 2 manufactures that build mower that they put their names on. MTD and Husqvarna. In the model number, the first 3 numbers tell you who made it. 917 for Husqvarna and any other number for MTD. You can get generic snow blades for either as long as you pick the ones made for your real manufacture.

Dadillac

Threads
So I ended up getting the Craftsman 24441 42" blade. Doing some research I had found that the tractor I have is made by MTD. All of the MTD specific blades are priced higher than the Craftsman blade. Some by quite a bit. So on July 3rd I was browsing the Sears site and checked on the blade. With discounts and special sales I got the blade for $205 out the door. Picked it up on the 4th and installed it. This blade is actually a universal blade that fits both MTD and Husqvarna tractors. Came with enough mounting hardware for both brands. I went with the 42" width so when I am plowing the sidewalk which is 48" wide I will not chew up the edges of the lawn. That is as long as I stay between the lines. We shall see

Don