Honda HRM 215: left back wheel doesn't rotate freely !! Help !

bigcut

Threads
  • / Honda HRM 215: left back wheel doesn't rotate freely !! Help !
Hi,
About 20 years ago I bought a new: Honda HRM 215 K3 SDA. After about 5 years of faithful use, the self propelled function quit working when I squeezed the bar to engage the propulsion. Being pressed for time, I cut the belt, allowing me to mow the lawn, providing I pushed the lawnmower. (At the time I was working 6 days a week out of town and after it rained on 3 successive Saturdays, the grass was really tall. So in desperation I cut the belt and proceeded to mow.)

Since that fateful day (15 years ago), the mower has worked fine as long as I pushed it. Now I have a chirping sound coming out of the left wheel and the wheel sporadically hangs up or becomes very difficult to get it to rotate in mowing. I sprayed WD40 which did NOT fix the problem.

Any thoughts, ideas, possible diagnosis/solutions ?? I'm retired now, so I have time to do repairs.
Thanks,
John

sidemouse

Threads
Probably best to start watching some youtube videos, that particular honda mower and models very similar to it are very well covered, might take some time to find the right video but it's out there.

bigcut

Threads
Thanks, I'll take a look.
John

Roymg

Threads
Thanks, I'll take a look.
John

I have a similar Honda mower and sometimes the rear wheels lock when pulling mower backwards.
What it is that causes this is the bushing,(in my case a plastic bush), that Honda uses inside of the height adjuster housing.