Anybody know HTF this critter got in our house?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wenr downstairs about 6 pm yesterday, and in the cat's litterbox was a big frickin' MOLE, trying to climb out. I helped him climb out, took the vermin outside, and bashed his head in with a shovel. What I don't understand is how it even got inside in the first place. The only way it could have gotten in was thru the sump pit, which is deep enough and slippery enough (plastic) that it could never have climbed out before drowning. There are no other ways to access the basement unless it climbed up the washer standpipe, which is blocked at the top and much too small for it to squeeze through.

And no, one of the cats didn't bring it in....!!! What baffles me is just why the mole would even dig down six or seven feet below grade level and then somehow get thru the plastic drain tile in the first place....glad I saw the vermin first because my wife would have had a screaming fit had she spotted it, it was a BIG mole.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Unless all your inside cats are "inside only" - I'd still bet that it was a "present" from one of them. :biggrin: They have a way of getting things inside past their HUMANS ! :laughing: You would be surprised how small a space a mole (even a BIG one) can get itself past ! :eek:
Wenr downstairs about 6 pm yesterday, and in the cat's litterbox was a big frickin' MOLE, trying to climb out. I helped him climb out, took the vermin outside, and bashed his head in with a shovel. What I don't understand is how it even got inside in the first place. The only way it could have gotten in was thru the sump pit, which is deep enough and slippery enough (plastic) that it could never have climbed out before drowning. There are no other ways to access the basement unless it climbed up the washer standpipe, which is blocked at the top and much too small for it to squeeze through.

And no, one of the cats didn't bring it in....!!! What baffles me is just why the mole would even dig down six or seven feet below grade level and then somehow get thru the plastic drain tile in the first place....glad I saw the vermin first because my wife would have had a screaming fit had she spotted it, it was a BIG mole.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
This thread starter has un-desirable text content that I don't like having to explain to my grand kids.

In the title - HTF
In the text box - frickin'

To me it indicates poor language skills and above all - poor taste -

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
'Frickin' is bad? OY VEH! Why'd you even click on the thread if the HTF set you off to begin with? WTF?

Poor judgement on your part, IMHO. :smile:

gtbobcat

Threads
Our inside only cat got into garage one day.....brought a dead bird in with it...dont know if she killed it or not but...if I didn`t catch the brown lump it brought with it, the wife would of done like yours !!!
I didn`t ask and I won`t tell.........lol :eek: oh and I hang stuff in that window....seems to attract birds to it..they fly into it and get knocked sensless

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
This thread starter has un-desirable text content that I don't like having to explain to my grand kids.

In the title - HTF

AWWWW !!! HOW SAD !!! There are a lot of people here on LMF who say REAL FOUR LETTER WORDS like D--- and H--- and whatever. The words I chose are NOT CONSIDERED VULGAR OR PROFANE--- UNLESS YOU BLEEPING FRICKERS HAVE DIRTY MINDS. WTF??? YOU GOT THAT????

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
'Frickin' is bad? OY VEH! Why'd you even click on the thread if the HTF set you off to begin with? WTF?

Poor judgement on your part, IMHO. :smile:

Thanks, Twall....:thumbsup: WOW maybe somebody actually thinks the grumpy old fart has his S--- together after all....ROTFLMAO

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

In the title - HTF

COW POOP !!! ROAD APPLES !!! HORSE SQUEEZE !!! Better not let the grandkids see those !!!!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Unless all your inside cats are "inside only" - I'd still bet that it was a "present" from one of them. :biggrin: They have a way of getting things inside past their HUMANS ! :laughing: You would be surprised how small a space a mole (even a BIG one) can get itself past ! :eek:

BK, that was my first thought too, but none of the cats had been outdoors in the two days prior to my find. And beleive me, when they get back in they are always closely supervised, usually carried in, so I would have noticed had they had a present for me. That mole was about 8X bigger than the mouse seen in the attachment, believe me, when one of my guys catches a mouse, they run AWAY from the house, not toward it. :laughing:

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 18

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
BK, that was my first thought too, but none of the cats had been outdoors in the two days prior to my find. And beleive me, when they get back in they are always closely supervised, usually carried in, so I would have noticed had they had a present for me. That mole was about 8X bigger than the mouse seen in the attachment, believe me, when one of my guys catches a mouse, they run AWAY from the house, not toward it. :laughing:

Good to see them "earn thier keep" so to speak.
Is that "cat pride" I see in his eyes. His buddy looks jealous:licking:.
By the by, the dog got another possum Tuesday night. this one was huge, weighed more than the dog, estiimated 25#, dog weighs 17#.

Last edited: