Repairs John Deere 14SE kawasaki surging and carb question

s10sleeper

Threads
  • / John Deere 14SE kawasaki surging and carb question
I have a 14SE 4.5 hp mower with a kawasaki engine. It has had problems over the past few years with surging at low idle, but not under a load.

I am figuring it is time to rebuild the carb and am looking to find a carb kit for it. I have not had much luck but was hoping to find a part number for the kit as I am going to work tomorrow and would like to try to cross reference it as I work at an auto parts warehouse and would like to use my discount there rather than having to buy each part separately from John Deere.

Has anyone else experienced this surging problem at idle? Also has anyone ever had any luck in locating aftermarket overhaul kits for this carburetor? The carb is a Kawasaki carb, number AM124620 and kawasaki number 15003-2609

JoeM(GA)

Threads
repair kit is am116741

s10sleeper

Threads
Thanks Joe, I actually talked to a friend of mine last night and he located the kit for me today. I just finished the kit, and now seem to have just one new problem.

When I started it it fired right up, however now the float bowl is overflowing. I tried removing the float bowl and making sure that the float and needle were ok, everything seems fine, however it is still overflowing. I cleaned the carb very well and so I guess I will need to do some more checking, my next step will be to check the vent tube and make sure it is not plugged. after that I may be at a loss, unless the new needle just isn't seating right. The seat seems to be in great shape and the float height is set right.

s10sleeper

Threads
Well, that fixed it, turns out the screw at the bottom was 1/4 turn loose