33R877-0003-G1 cracked block

Threads
Rivets is correct....... That's why commercial guys rather a Horizontal engine on their mowers........

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wouldn't take much of an angle with the discharge blowing grass down the slope, because the oil slinger in on the same side as the broken block, crack.. I am suspecting oil starvation myself.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wouldn't take much of an angle with the discharge blowing grass down the slope, because the oil slinger in on the same side as the broken block, crack.. I am suspecting oil starvation myself.

I killed 2 engines mowing across a slope.
The landlord has an orchard & we mow between the rows of trees with a real tractor and then around then with ride ons.
Driving around 10' circles 14' apart was enough to kill 2 engines in my mowers and 1 in his.
Solution was as previously mentioned and get a mower with a horizontal crank.
In his case some old 2000 series Cubs & I use a 24" 2 stroke walk behind to do the fine finishing around the mulch & irrigation pipes .

Pull the engine out , flip it over and pull the sump off.
The oil level is 1/4" below the joint.
I keep one here which I fill with water, stretch some cling wrap over the top then tip it far enough to starve the oil pump / slinger to show my customers just how slope sensitive these engines are, and the bigger the engine, the more sensitive they are .

kdrenshaw

Forum Newbie
Threads
I killed 2 engines mowing across a slope.
The landlord has an orchard & we mow between the rows of trees with a real tractor and then around then with ride ons.
Driving around 10' circles 14' apart was enough to kill 2 engines in my mowers and 1 in his.
Solution was as previously mentioned and get a mower with a horizontal crank.
In his case some old 2000 series Cubs & I use a 24" 2 stroke walk behind to do the fine finishing around the mulch & irrigation pipes .

Pull the engine out , flip it over and pull the sump off.
The oil level is 1/4" below the joint.
I keep one here which I fill with water, stretch some cling wrap over the top then tip it far enough to starve the oil pump / slinger to show my customers just how slope sensitive these engines are, and the bigger the engine, the more sensitive they are .

Thanks All. I need to measure my slope of my yard. it is about an acre but i can't imagine that it's 15 degrees, but i can't say for certain. i will measure tonight and update.