Installing Drive Belt on a 2013 Troy Bilt Horse XP Hydrostatic Mower - Idler Pulley

Doug1956

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Installing Drive Belt on a 2013 Troy Bilt Horse XP Hydrostatic Mower - Idler Pulley
I am looking for some guidance in installing the drive belt on my 2013 Troy Bilt Horse XP lawn mower. I was mowing under a tree and a limb got stuck between the mower deck and the frame which pushed the drive belt off of the idler pulleys. The belt is still in place on the engine pulley and the transmission pulley. The belt appears to not be damaged. My question is getting the belt back around the flat idler pulley. This model has a belt guide extending from the idler arm down by the flat idler pulley which leaves very little room for the belt to be installed on this pulley. Should I try to bend this guide enough to install and bend it back? OR do I need to disconnect the idler arm from the frame? I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Installing Drive Belt on a 2013 Troy Bilt Horse XP Hydrostatic Mower - Idler Pulley
Bend the guide then bend it back. Or do it the hard way and remove it then put it back.