Won't start

Ol' Fart

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftsman YTS 4500 with a Kohler 26 hp motor. I've had this since 2010 with zero issues other than general maintenance and a couple of batteries. I replaced the battery at the beginning of this mowing season and the few times I have mowed it has performed flawlessly. Today my wife was mowing while I was working on my tractor. She got stuck in the wet grass, so shut the mower off to try to push it. I went to help and we pushed it a little, then I got on the mower to start it and continue mowing. When I tried to start it, nothing but a click. I tried multiple times with the same result. I thought the battery may have died so I got my Polaris to jump start it. Same result, just a click. I cannot tell where the click is coming from, it just clicks when I try to start it. I'm not a small engine guy, so I really don't have a clue ! Any thoughts ?

Craftsman 54" riding mower
YTS 4500
Model # 917.289900
Kohler 26 hp, SV735 S

Ol' Fart

Forum Newbie
Threads
I figured out the problem .... feeling really stupid ! When my wife shut off the tractor she failed to disengage the blades and I failed to check that. I checked everything else, but that ! Feeling really stupid right now, but glad the mower is still working properly. Thanks to all who looked at my post. :ashamed:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If I had been here earlier I was going to have you check the pto switch position to see if the blades where off.