SV590 starting issues

di3soft

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, new here, you are my last resort as this engine is kicking my behind. I was gifted a cub cadet lt1042 with a SV590 19hp. The engine cranks fine but does not start. Spraying starter fluid into the carb it fires up for a second then dies.

Here is what I've done so far

Changes fuel lines, fuel filter, spark plug, carb w/ new solenoid, new air filter.

Adjusted the valves at TDC to .007 exhaust and .005 intake.

Flywheel key is intact

Took off the case cover and verified that the ACR weight on the exhaust cam gear is intact.

Compression test came in at 80 on crank so with acr that would put it at 160 i think cause of the 2:1.

So yea I'm lost

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On the bottom of the carb is a shut off valve that jambs a plug into the main jet.
It is spring loaded and is held open when you turn the engine on,.
Check it is working either replace it with a bolt or pull it out and watch it go in & out as you turn the ignition on & off

di3soft

Forum Newbie
Threads
On the bottom of the carb is a shut off valve that jambs a plug into the main jet.
It is spring loaded and is held open when you turn the engine on,.
Check it is working either replace it with a bolt or pull it out and watch it go in & out as you turn the ignition on & off
It's a brand new carb with a new fuel shutoff solenoid. Can hear it clicking when cranking. But will take it out to inspect just in case.

di3soft

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well problem solved, it was the ignition switch didn't ven think about that one