thatcher height

noma

Threads
Hi
Bought a used Thatcher the other day and there was no manual so i was wondering how to set this up?The Thatcher tong or hitch to pull this thing is very low and my tractor mower hitch is a lot higher so i need to make a hitch extension to work for this Thatcher. When i set this up do all the spring teeth tines touch the ground or just the back one ,so does it sit level or on a little angled? And i know there is some adjustment on the tong ,but i don't think that will be enough so im making a adjustable one so i can change it if i need to. I will get pictures tomorrow and a model number so maybe i can find a manual. thanks:biggrin:

benski

Threads
Set youself up so the tines just barely clear the dirt, or a little higher. You'll probably be amazed how much stuff ends up flying out of your lawn. I know I always am.:laughing:

Black Bart

Threads
Mine sits level and the tines are touching the ground and when I pull it you can see the tines move back a little. I been using it like that for about 30 years does a awesome job pulling up thatch.