Old Gravely 260Z, in the Blue Ridge

hisport

Forum Newbie
Threads
Joined this forum because I found helpful posts

Current project is a near 20 year old Gravely PM260Z (1425 hrs; CV25S kohler), given to me by a friend

I look after my own mowers, plus the ones belonging to our local recreation center (Toro/Exmark and Hustler). I'm a retired engineer who can fix anything, even if it ain't worth fixin'

My old Cub Cadet 3185 (now 21 yrs old; also given to me) has about 650 hrs, and seems unsuited to my bumpy, hilly 5+ acres of rough grass (in the Blue Ridge foothills, close to Pilot Mt, NC - beautiful country, though rough on old mowers). I've overhauled or fixed about everything on the Cub, multiple times. Its comfortable, though - which I need for my 65 yr old lower back, which has already seen two surgeries. The 2014 B2800 Kubota with 60" belly mower I bought a couple of years ago is so rough riding that 10 - 20 minutes is my limit, even going pretty slow

So, I'll be resurrecting the Gravely even as I use it throughout this summer...

dfbroxy

Threads
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the Gravely and dont be shy about asking for info or sharing your extensive experience with others in need of help.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome: Happy to have you as a member!

Keep us up to date on how the Gravely resurrection goes :smile: