ZTR Spartan SRT

Rusty Nutz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

Will be needing a Mower for around 4 acres of flat pasture land to cut soon, pretty rough as they had worked cattle on it. Leaning towards a low grade commercial unit, for the Hydro's and all around beefier set up. Suspension seat or frame a must. Looking at the Ferris F160Z 52" listed around 7299 with 4400 Hydro's, a Scag Patiot listed around 7299 61" 3400 Hydros, and was looking at the Spartan SRT Pro 61" HTJ 10cc for 7764. I know all 3 are good mowers but was wondering about the Spartan? Watched alot of video's about it and love the way it is designed and the attachments for it, like using a regular hitch design for the back and can also get an attachment for a hitch in front as well as weights. Seems to be more mower than the patriot and more comparable to the Tiger Cats, but those go up in price to the higher 8000 mark. Ferris standard engine is a Vanguard 810 26 hp (Can option in the KW FX730), Scag KW FX730 23 hp, and the version of SRT has a Briggs 27hp Commercial standard, or you can get a Kohler Confidant 25hp for a few 100 more. The New Patriot is supposed to have a new seat with support/suspension, but not sure how good it is. If you go up to the HD Spartan, you get the KW as options even a Diesel, but of course the price goes up as well as it also has 12 CC's on it. Ideas?

Thanks

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Spartans are a relatively new brand but I think they're here to stay and hard to ignore at their price point for what you get. I'd go with a Kawisaki engine personally. Patriot is a nice mower but might want to step up to the Tiger Cat for an even nicer one. With 0 percent financing available on many mowers an extra grand or 2 might be money well spent.

Rusty Nutz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yea the Tiger Cat is a nice step from the Patriot. Doesn't seem like they make the Tiger Cat anymore? I only see the Tiger Cat II listed now.

Tiger Cat II with the 23 hp KW Fx and 61" Deck is 9999.00 listed, The SRT HD with the KW FX850 27hp with the 12cc's is around 9744.00 listed. Although the Scag has 0% interest for 5 years, Spartan 1.99%. Might come down to how much the dealers want to deal lol.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah it's the Tiger Cat II now. 4 acres is a fair amount to cut and if it's heavy cutting that 23 might indeed be a bit light on power with a 61 inch deck. You might want to check out the Bob-Cat Fast at Pro as well if you have a nearby dealer. I have a 2017 52 with the 22hp 691v and it's a nice machine. They've upped the engine this year and added their excellent suspension seat and added an RS designation. I upgraded my seat to the suspension seat for $250. Great warranty too. https://www.bobcatturf.com/products/fastcat-pro/

The Exmark Radius is a really nice machine that you might want to consider too but Exmark has also been on the high side on price.