Snapper push needs motor

AESHAW

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a snapper push lawn mower serial no. 06061785 and model no. 21357B. I was told that it is hard to find a briggs and straton motor for it. Would like to have a 5 hp. Any help on model no. of motor that can fit my base

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Snapper Forum. :smile:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Since it's a 3.5 - any cheap mower from Wal Mart with a Briggs should be able to give you a donor engine.

Doing it that way is way cheaper than just buying a brand new engine. A new engine alone will cost you twice what a new mower with that same engine does from Wally World.

Seakaye12

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've considered finding a "donor" engine for my Snapper HiVac walk behind and have discovered that it's easier said than done.

The most significant "detail" is crankshaft length. My Snapper needs a 7/8 x 3 5/32 crank. Most are not.

Then...there are various minor details such as which way the starter rope pulls....and various clearance issues.

Chuck

Snapperfreak

Threads
I've found cheap old snappers on craigslist that have engines that will fit my deck and just swapped them. I would try looking there for a mower that is similar to yours and just take the motor off of it and put it on your deck.